Sunday, November 28

And so begins a new chapter.

On thursday we took our final exam for our breve course in I.C.I.F. We pulled recipies out of a hat the day before, the recipies include everything weve gone over so far so if had missed a recipie it could really backfire. I pulled Semifreddo al Torrone Con salsa Al Cacao, a dessert dish. We started cooking at 9 and had to have 3 portions ready by the time the 3 judges were ready to taste your food. Everyone had a different time and the courses were all in order so being the dessert I was close to dead last to present. I finally did around 12:30 and all went quite well. I got a 24 out of 30 for a grade, 4th highest in class. The rest of the day went smoothly and we received our dipolmas at eh end of it all.

I also found out where ill be heading for the next 3 months on thursday. I decided to go to Foggia, Puglia to a...well im not sure what to call it. Its a farm with a wine vineyard, a reasturaunt, a hotel, and a school. Its huge and I cant wait to go. (Peppezullo.com) Im also going with a fellow student (Anthony John Rinaldi) so we'll be sure to keep in touch.

As always Be Happy. Ill update sooner than later.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your dessert looks so good! :)

    Love & miss you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello grandson...CONGRATULATIONS....The dessert look yummy!!!!! Have a good safe trip to your new destination. It will be a little warmer there with no snow..You did beat us and have snowfall first.
    Love GRAM & Zia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at your site, Rob. It seems you have hit a home run in Apulia. The site looks gorgeous and you have located yourself in a renowned center for ingredients.
    I look forward to more. For now, Chef.

    ReplyDelete