Monday, December 27

Holiday Weekend

So this was my first Holiday away from the family and friends and i'm still getting over it. I know its only 4 months over here and I have the rest of my life to spend with them but I still miss them all.

So Friday was a lack-luster day being as we were closed for the Friday/Saturday holiday. We spent the beginning of the day doing a bit of prep for Sundays party and the rest was spent just relaxing and talking online with friends home from college and family. Around 22:00 Ant and I went out for some food and Christmas eve partying to celebrate the holiday and that was a good way to get the mind off of everyone back home. Were making some solid relationships with the town folk, I mean who doesn't want to be friends with someone who doesn't speak you language, agrees with everything you say, and drinks? I'm just saying I'd be friends with them. But all that aside its helping us become for familiar with the town and with the language by trying to converse so its really a win win. Saturday was a lot of the same but instead of going out we had dinner with Peppe, we had bacala lasagna and baked baramundi (and yes chef jack I cleaned it all by myself.) It was good to have a sit down family style dinner, make it easier to deal with missing the real deal. But as the life story goes Party Hard, Work Harder. Sunday we had a party of 120 and had no problems at all. Its really starting to get good when everyone know exactly what they have to do the moment we step into the kitchen, no more charades, I mean weve been here for a month now we should have the ability to. Right?

All in all it was a good holiday even without the friends and family. And we are now half way through our stay in Italy.
Scary thought.

Pace&Amore
-R

No comments:

Post a Comment